I don’t know if you know this but apples and zucchinis are friends. it may not sound like it but they definitely are a match made in produce heaven. together they are not too sweet but just sweet enough to be a little breakfast pick me up. plus you are getting crazy amounts of nutrients by sneaking veggies into your muffins. (and if you see adam don’t tell him he took four apple zucchini muffins to work. he doesn’t like eating green things)
Zucchini Apple Bread (or muffins) from Clean Eating Magazine
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup of apple, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8 x 4-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.