foodbuzz festival was awesome this year. friday night was fun. the tasting pavilion was to die for delicious. saturday dinner was…well..inspiring.
after getting home that night i grabbed whatever was closest (a napkin)
and scrawled out some noteworthy notes in the form of a list. i like lists. i apparently have terrible rushed penmanship.
so let me transcribe for you what i jotted down. directly from my napkin, i give you:
THINGS I’VE LEARNED FR. FOODBUZZ FEST.
-Butter comes in all shapes & sizes (^notably) balls
- i did not know this and nearly ate a ball of butter. apparently they come in turkey shapes for thanksgiving as well as bunny shapes for easter
-Looking for an after party? so is everyone else… and they’re lost & their shoes are more comfy than yours.
- the after party could’ve been great if it wasn’t so far and if people followed through with their ideas
– Tyler Florence is a drinking game
- try it. it’s fantastic!
– canada is real.& not just america’s better health cared hat.
- ask my new Canadian friend Amanda at http://www.butterybeancounter.com/ she’s awesome.
– bloggers who are bigger than you (popular-wise) say to say hi & then it is really weird / stalkerish… especially if you do it twice.
- somehow i got introduced to Joy the Baker twice. both times it was weird but the second time it was even more weird. maybe she remembered me because of it.
-piano bars on the 36th are for AARP members
- the original plan was go upstairs and grab a drink… when we got there everyone had white hair and it wasn’t our scene.
-want followers? get a puppy or get married or have a baby.but not a fashion blog. bc i’m the only food blogger who reads them
- people love puppies, parties, and babies. do it. you’ll gain followers!!
– joy the baker has a cute green bag- say hi to her even if her blog makes you fat just from looking at it
- she has the best clothes. the end.
-dinner will be served an hour & 1/2 after it tells you to show up.
- took way too long to get actual food. and not nearly enough apps for everyone at the table.
-no one wants to know you love kittens, crochet, coffee. (except me. i ❤ coffee, hate cats, & am teaching myself to crochet).
- the panel leaders said it would be a lame twitter profile. if its what you love, then why not!(this is my twitter profile:
i work out to support my eating habit. tater tots, cheese,ice cream, and gin are staples of my fridge/freezer http://www.thisvalleylife.com) rock it. own it. who am i to judge.
-twitter: you get it/have it or you dont. its ok. im not judging.
- people don’t understand twitter. it’s ok. my college educated friends don’t get it and i think theyre smart people.
-people type aggressively. and they interrupt. and then are scary when they shout their name @ people.
- that man was scary. and loud.
-eat in public. it makes people intrigued/uncomfy.
- i don’t know what this note was about…
-don’t steal centerpieces. ever.
- really bloggers?! really?!? i had to tell you that?
-everything in sep. buildings= BAD
- foodbuzz- worst move ever.
hope you’ve enjoyed my few take-away points from the Fest. Next post will be about my session notes. hope you’re ready for some learning!